If you still don’t know how to marketing through Facebook in 2020, how to run a Facebook ad, stay tuned, we will give you the best techniques to create Facebook ad manager account. It is very simple, you just need a Facebook page or an advertisement account and you’re obviously going to need an Instagram page to create Facebook Ads and Instagram ads as well.
What is best technique of Facebook Ads Manager?
How to set up Facebook Business Manager?
If you are not aware of how to do this, I’ll put this hyperlink proper right here the way to create an enterprise supervisor proper simply go in so that you simply go to enterprise that Facebook.com create account and simply undergo prompts it is very simple to get began so after you have your Facebook enterprise supervisor arrange you wish to be sure to have a promoting account for the web page you wish to promote for you clearly need a Facebook web page and also you need an Instagram web page so you may see proper right here I’ve three Instagram accounts related to my Facebook enterprise supervisor.
- The way that you can do that is by coming up here to business manager clicking on business settings and then you can see here I have my Facebook page for Corey Frankosky I don’t even really use Facebook that often I pretty much just use it to run advertisements and you can create separate business managers so if you’re running ads for clients you can get access to their business manager.
- There are different ways to do it now under accounts right here what you want to do is come to Instagram accounts and make sure that you have the Instagram account that you want to advertise for here so I’m going to be advertising for farm-house goals today that’s I’m going to be using for my example so you can see farmhouse goals right here you can add an Instagram account very easily.
- You want to make sure you connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page so that way you can share photos from your Instagram account if you want it can help you grow your Instagram and Facebook accounts at the same time so if you come over to settings here and then you can come down right here to Instagram so once you click on Instagram you’re going to see our page right here so our Instagram account details so you can easily connect those accounts as well so that really where I’d get started.
Farm House Goal Account Creation
What we’re going to do subsequently is we’re going to come again over right here to our Facebook enterprise supervisor house web page and we’re going to open up our farm home targets find out how to depend so we have our Facebook Ads supervisor open for farmhouse targets now the primary factor you need to do is be sure to are re optimizing for a conversion.
- If you haven’t added the Facebook pixel to your website if you haven’t created conversions yet we have a post right here for how to install your Facebook pixel and how to create custom conversions with Facebook Ads you can use the same conversions in Facebook ads that you use in Instagram so this will be a really helpful.
- We’re going to come back over here to ads manager and what you want to do is click on the menu up here come to all tools and go to pixels and conversions so your Facebook conversions are going to be tracked or your Instagram conversions are going to be tracked through these data sources so it’s either going to be a website pixel.
- You can use offline events, so you could actually connect your CRM or you can just import a file of some data that you’ve collected from customers you can also use app events as well so if you have a mobile app you can make sure you’re tracking conversions for pretty much anything that you want to using Facebook or Instagram.
- We’re going to come over here you can see our website pixel right here so if you don’t have a pixel yet one thing you could do is just click right here to add a new data source you can see the three options you can click on Facebook pixel and then you can take your pixel and easily add it to your website right in the header file so right in the global header file you can do it again.
- For example but basically all you need to do is take your pixel so after you create your website pixel you take the code and you can either use Google tag manager or you can use a word press plugin like insert headers and footers and add it to your website now the other thing you can do is after you get your pixel on your website.
- You can see I just right here so we have an example one for purchased on farmhouse goals so what you want to do is come here to create custom conversion and what you can do is you can see here it’s going to be using our website pixel and then you can see website event all URL traffic so let’s just say URL contains.
- Let’s say for example I send people to a Thank You page after they sign up for my newsletter after they sign up for my giveaway maybe after they purchase something let’s just say for example this is a page that after someone completes something on my website so anytime someone hits this page so the URL contains thank you that means I can track that as a conversion so I can name it we could just say thank you for example and then there under category you can use what it is so maybe it’s someone add something to a cart obviously it would be a different URL for that maybe it’s a lead maybe it’s a purchase.
- Let’s just say for example it’s a lead you can enter a conversion value so if each lead is worth $10 for your business is worth $20 for your business you can actually enter a conversion value just like that the other thing you can do is let’s just say it’s a purchase for example and at the end of the purchase someone has complete purchase so that’s simple and then you can do the name so we’ll make completed purchase and then under category you can come right here and use purchase as your category.
- Then enter a value there let’s say it’s say it’s $50 for example and that’s how you can kind of set up custom conversions and I’ll show you how to optimize for them in a little bit as well so I’m just going to click on cancel for now the other thing that you can do is use partner integrations and I highly recommend using these so if you’re running a big commerce website for example you can just come right here through partner integrations.
- Make sure you have everything connected directly to your big commerce account so that your Facebook Ads manager account and your big commerce account will all be connected and you can do it for any of these different partners here so 3D card Open Cart Shopify obviously a very popular one you can see right here I have mine connected with Woo Commerce so you can see the little green dot there.
- It is very easy to set up when you click on it’s going to say see details and you just go through this step-by-step process of setting everything up and then basically your Facebook Ads manager account is able to easily communicate with your Shopify account or your Woo Commerce account or whatever it is so your website and your Facebook Ads manager will be able to basically communicate with each other so we’re going to come over here after you’ve set up your custom conversions.
- I’m going to have a separate post about Shopify I’m going to be going through a lot of different Shopify things so if you’re interested in some Shopify tutorials because it is the number one e-commerce providers.
We’re going to start creating our campaign okay, so we’re at the home page of our ads manager now so under campaigns we’re going to click on create so the first thing you want to do is choose your marketing objective so we just set up our conversion so you want to make sure you’re setting up your conversion there otherwise you want to use a different campaign marketing objective so whether it’s brand awareness whether it’s reach traffic just website traffic engagement app installs video views very popular lead generation messages so there are catalog sales store traffic and conversions.
- I generally try to stay over here because that’s going to give you the best results for your campaign so we’re going to be doing is conversions here and this is just going to be an example campaign so I’m just going to do Instagram example campaign and let’s just say my goal is to send traffic from my farmhouse goals Instagram page and I want to send people to my home page maybe my shop page I can use a couple of different pages.
- Let’s just say it’s 20% off over the next two weeks or the next week or something like that create a little bit of urgency give people a little bit of an offer rather than just sending people directly to your website and hoping that they purchase something because it’s really it’s really difficult to drive sales directly from Instagram especially to brand-new customers so we’re going to come back over to ads manager here and our thing is going to be Instagram.
- We’ll do farmhouse goals purchases, so we’re going to be using conversions as our goal and we’re going to scroll down here the next thing I like to use is campaign budget optimization it’s going to optimize our budget across all of our ad sets so I’m going to click on that I like to use a lifetime budget you could either use a daily budget or a lifetime budget you can always adjust your lifetime budget overtime and increase the amount of time that your ads actually run.
- We’ll simply use a lifetime fund and let’s simply say I need to spend $700 and see what number of gross sales I can drive with $500 marketing campaign bid technique will probably be lowest value so we’re simply going to be attempting to drive the bottom value conversions for our marketing campaign so we’ll click on proceed.
- I’ll show you how to do that in a second you know really how to set up all of your targeting so now it’s going to show conversion so this is where you want to make sure you’re optimizing for the main conversion that’s happening on your website so we have the page we here if we click on it you’re going to see right here purchase figure so that’s the conversion we just set up so under custom conversion you can see that right here so now we’re going to be optimizing for that specific conversion.
Create custom conversion
- Let’s simply say for instance you might have a number of conversions one factor you are able to do is said to create customized conversion right here and you are able to do URL comprises as an instance thanks so let’s simply say each time somebody indicators up to your publication they discover a Thank You web page now let’s simply say you might have a giveaway happening in your web site and each time somebody indicators up to your giveaway you might have the giveaway enter so now somebody enters that web page each time so now.
- If the URL comprises, thank you or the giveaway enters then each of these are going to rely as conversions and then let’s simply say you additionally need to optimize for purchases in addition to what you can do is simply do one thing like buy full so now this would optimize for 3 separate conversions so when folks are both signing up to your publication folks are getting into your giveaway or folks are literally buying one thing in your web site you can use this as your customized conversion simply title it click on create and that will be the one you optimize for so you’re not simply restricted to optimizing for one conversion right here.
- We’re going to come again over to adverts supervisor we’re optimizing for our buy for this particular one I want to use dynamic artistic I did a separate publish about find out how to use dynamic artistic I’m going to go over it proper now however all you want to do is click on proper right here and now the subsequent factor I need to do is we’re going to set up our viewers however I need to scroll down a bit of bit and I need to verify we’re solely choosing the Instagram placements.
- This is what separates an Instagram advertising campaign from Facebook is when we click on edit placements here it’s going to be selected into everything so Facebook Instagram, Facebook suggested videos right column I just want Instagram feed and you can choose Instagram stories or not to use Instagram stories you might as well use it because if it’s not performing well Facebook just won’t serve your ads there is often they’ll just keep them in the feed.
- We’re going to get rid of suggested videos right column don’t worry about any of the issues they see up here right now so under in-stream we’re going to get rid of those we’re just going to be using Instagram stories Instagram feed and we’re going to get rid of the rest okay so to run ads on Instagram you would just want to select these two options under placements here so that’s all we’re going to be doing is running it on the Instagram feed and Instagram stories.
- Now we can come again up to the highest right here, and we will begin constructing our viewers you don’t have to do this earlier than you build your viewers I simply wished to point out you that so under viewers you should use a few of your saved audiences for those who’ve created some already if right here, we scroll somewhat bit right here you should use customized audiences.
- If you’ve any re targeting audiences and he appear to be audiences that you have already created I’m going to create a separate put up about how to do that with Instagram promoting as properly we do have a Facebook Ads re targeting and paying tutorial so you possibly can watch that one as properly for a little bit extra information about this however what I’m going to do is be utilizing an interest viewer.
- Let’s simply say for instance I need to goal folks let’s say I need to make sure I’m focusing on people who are owners so most homeowners are 25 plus perhaps 30 plus I can do 25 and up will do all genders languages since every part about my advertisements and my web site is in English I’m simply going to focus on the English language for this areas I’m going to be utilizing everybody on this location within the United States so you should use a few of your Google Analytics knowledge right here.
Details targeting expansion
- If you want to you some of your Facebook data here if you know there are specific locations where your customers are located so with locations you just want to make sure you’re targeting the locations that you serve with your products and services so next it’s going to say detail targeting expansion so interest expansion is now extended to all detail targeting options so you may see better to add performance.
- You might as well just expand because it’s going to say when it may increase conversion at a lower cost per conversion so it’s just going to help kind of Facebook test your advertisements with similar audiences to the ones that you are targeting so one thing you can start with is clicking on suggestions here and it’s going to pull up some different suggestions of either past audiences that you’ve targeted or audiences related to the people who like your pages so with farmhouse goals come.
- It’s all related to farmhouse to course you’re going to see some things that are pretty related to a farmhouse and I’m going to show you exactly how I build my audiences so let’s say Williams Sonoma let’s use Crate and Barrel Pottery Barn and we’ll do Pier one okay so we’ll start with these interests right here you can see our potential reach right now is 81 million people who is pretty large so obviously it’s saying brought over here so what I want to do is narrow the audience a little bit.
- We’re going to come over here click on suggestions again so let’s say for the second part I only want to reach people in the top 14 percent of us zip codes and the top five percent of us zip codes so let’s see what our audience size is now 6.3 million we’re going to narrow it one more time so I am going to internet say audience must have an interest connection in some of these different brands and magazines they must be in the top 10 percent of ZIP codes.
- We are going to come back to earlier, and we are easily going to do the farmhouse so let’s have a look at what our viewers dimension is so 2.5 million individuals nonetheless a pretty big viewer you may slim it additional however I’m going to maintain it like this for proper now so individuals who should be within the farmhouse they should be in these family incomes and so they begin with a few of these totally different pursuits as properly so we’re solely going to be reaching individuals who might be within the farmhouse right here.
- I’ll kind of create a bunch of different audiences when I’m creating a setting up my campaigns and I’ll show you how to do that in a little bit so under connections here you can do add a connection type and you can exclude people who already like your page you can include people who like your page you can include friends of people who like your page I like to exclude people who like my page and we’ll just enter our page here so farmhouse goals anybody who likes our page we’re not going to be targeting them with this individual ad set.
- We’re going to scroll down a little bit you can save this audience if you want so if you click on the save I can just do farmhouse coals audience example Instagram and then you can use it later and it will show up under your saved audiences so we’re going to keep scrolling down so to make sure you only check on the Instagram feed and Instagram stories so we’re going to keep going down the budget and scheduling so our optimization will be conversions we’re looking for the lowest cost conversions under schedule it’s going to say start date today and going to end in each day of the month the past just click on this link right here.
- It will fix that conversion window you can do seven days click one day view so that’s after clicking or viewing the advertisement after clicking the advertisement you can do one day or seven days I’ll do seven days click or one day view that’s fine you can set ad set spend limits for specific advertisement sets so that’s another option that you have right now what I would generally do is just click on continue and start creating my ads okay so we have our ad name at the top so we’re going to do is just name just do sample Instagram advertisement.
Dynamic image creation
- Facebook page will be farmhouse Kohl’s Instagram account will be farmhouse Kohl’s make sure you have the correct Instagram account in here obviously if you’re managing multiple pages as we scroll down you can see format so it’s going to say one image or video or slide show with multiple images are some of the different formats that you can use for this I’m just going to be using images with dynamic creative the way it works is you upload multiple images.
- You create multiple headlines and text and Facebook or Instagram is going to mix and match all of those assets that you upload so the images, the headlines, the text it’s going to use them differently in different ads and then whatever’s performing best are the ones that they’re going to continue to serve so basically by uploading up to 10 images as we come down here you can enter five different texts so you could see 0 out of 5 options you can enter 5 different headlines 0 out of 5 options so we’re going to come back up to the top here and we’re going to start uploading our images.
- I highly recommend just using all 11 images if you only have let’s say 7 or 8 that work the best and that’s fine as well for in image recommendations so the size that they recommend is just a square 1090 by 1090 so crop is 1 by 1 so when it comes to in to Graham’s story ads if you upload an image that’s let’s say 900 by 2000 so the crop would be 5 by 6 but the way the Instagram stories show vertical images work so we’re going to click on upload images here and upload a few and then as we come over here to browse library.
- We can pick some of the images we’ve used in the past already, so we have these two right here we use uploaded I’ll do another one so you’ll see 800 by 1000 those will look a little better in the stories and then for the other ones I’m just going to use 1080 by 1080 so we’ll just use some of the other ones we have already uploaded so these will all be fine so we’ll click on continue here you want to use 10 if you have 10 good images so as you can see here we have some different ones that we’re running and we’re going to scroll down here a little bit so first thing.
Set of URL Parameter
- We’re going to do is enter our website URL but I like to build a URL parameter that allows us to track our campaigns directly into Google Analytics so when you go into your Google Analytics account you can see how your Instagram ads are performing and how specific advertisement sets are performing you’ll get all that data in Facebook as well so you don’t necessarily need to do it but I highly recommend just doing it so let’s just say, for example, I want to send people directly to my homepage so we’ll come back over here we’ll build a URL parameter so we start with the URL this source will be Instagram.
- The marketing campaign medium so you can see among the completely different choices for medium that they present banner electronic mail Facebook feed Instagram tales so what I can do is one thing like Instagram feed story so I know it’s coming actually from each Kim so you can separate these out by placement if you need to, however, since I’m utilizing each I’m going to do Instagram feed tales so I know that is the place my site visitors coming from marketing campaign identify so what?
- I like to do be simply set this proper right here simply use marketing campaign identify then marketing campaign content material this will permit you to separate out the completely different advert units that you are operating so the primary one I’m utilizing type of farmhouse curiosity advert set so I might simply use advert set identify right here so you simply need to be certain that you identify your advert set similar to the viewers that you’re concentrating on so if you’re utilizing a re targeting viewer if you’re utilizing native likes you need to be certain that you identify your advert set to replicate that so now we can click on apply.
- It’s going to use that website URL here and now we can do is start to see the way our ads are going to look on the Instagram feed and in Instagram stories but we can enter our text for now is that begins to load okay so when it comes to ad copy you have text and you have headline here then the main thing you want to focus on is text so headline might not even really show up in any of your Instagram ad placements it shows up and some of the other ad placements through Facebook but under text here.
If we take a look at it actual fast and I simply click on view extra variations and we’re simply textual content for Instagram tales it’ll present up proper on the backside right here after which if we’re it for an Instagram feed it’ll present up proper right here principally like an Instagram caption would then you definitely even have a name to motion so you possibly can change that as effectively.
Farm House Goal Create Final Campaign
- We’re going to do is use shop now so people know that they’re going to go to my website and shop display link what I can do is just enter farmhouse goals calm I can do slash shop but I’ll just enter the home page so if we scroll back to the top here what we want to do is next is add our five different texts here so we take text and what we’re going to do is just say something like shop farmhouse goals for 20 percent off farmhouse decor this month.
- I like to keep my text pretty short and sweet but you can kind of test out different things here so I’m going to enter all five text here but I’m going to fast forward through this part a little bit so you don’t have to watch me writing advertisement copy over and over okay so we have our text here so now what Instagram is able to do is kind of mix and match this text with some of the different images here that you can see up at the top so as you scroll down a little bit you can see shop farmhouse goals for 20% off farmhouse decor for a limited time only.
- We are offering 20% off we have one that doesn’t even include the 20% off so that one probably won’t do as well but it just lists some different things people, can purchase, saves 20% sale in July 1st beautiful farmhouse decorations upgrade your home save 20% off your entire order when you shop today so we have our website URL set I just set one headline but they don’t even show in these ad placements but I just want to have one headline there anything that does show in these ad placements you want to make sure you do include with your advertisements.
- Now one thing I want to show you are if we click on view more variations here so one option is the Instagram feed and you can also see the Instagram stories so for these vertical images right here they tend to appear a little bit better in the Instagram story but it might cut off your text a little bit so what you can do is kind of upload different image sizes here so this one is just 1080 by 1080 and this one will show the entire text here so you want to run a combination of both for Instagram stories and for your Instagram feed because it’s only going to use the images that perform the best.
Publish Ads Campaign
- We come back over here to Instagram feed obviously the 1080 by 1080 will look the best so you can see shop farmhouse goals for 20% off farmhouse decor this month we have SHOP NOW so we have our text set up we have people going to our landing page we have conversion tracking set up we have dynamic creative being used with Instagram advertisements so now we can come down here and just click on confirm so we have our campaign published now so one thing that you can do is once you publish your campaign.
- We can click on it’s going to open up the advertisement set so what we can do is just click on duplicate so we’re going to create one copy of this ad set we’re going to create it in the original campaign and click on duplicate so now when you do that it’s going to create an exact duplicate of that ad set so let’s just say instead of naming it real quick we’re going to come down here and you’re going to see under audience it has used a saved audience so we can click on that and we can just adjust this to one of our different saved audiences here.
- Let’s just let’s use high income farm decor so a different saved audience that we’re using so aged 40 up same language the interests are a little bit different here so it’s kind of similar but if we come over here let’s just say I change the ad set name to high income farm decor so now we’re testing a completely different audience here so you can continue to do this so you can duplicate this ad set and just update the targeting so the other thing we can do.
- We click on edit right here quite than utilizing a saved viewer perhaps what I need to do is use one among my look-alike audiences so I can do farmhouse targets website visitors look-alike I can use my website visitors re targeting viewers if we come in right here to some completely different customized audiences.
We have our look-alike audience along with some of this other targeting here potential reach for 130,000 people that’s more than enough with our budget so we can click on update here and we have our saved audiences now updated so we can click on done that’s fine so what we can do is say look-alike plus high income farm decor and then we’ll click on publish and it’s really that simple now you can test multiple ad sets against each other when I create campaigns whether it’s Facebook ads or Instagram ads I generally run at least four advertisement sets and you can upload multiple ads.
You’re not able to do that as easily when you’re using the dynamic creative because the dynamic creative it’s going to create basically hundreds of ads based on this one advertisement that we uploaded so this is a great way to start creating your ads in your advertisement sets and your campaigns when you’re running Instagram advertisements you want to make sure using conversions focused on campaigns with the lowest cost conversions and then as you start to get some data.
You’re going to see certain advertisement sets are going to perform better than others and you can test along the way if you want to come to your ads and you want to change different Landing pages and see if maybe sending people directly to a shop page works better maybe you want to create a custom landing page that reflects the sale so on the Landing page and people come in and says saves 20% until September 1st maybe you get free shipping on a certain order maybe you want to put on the Landing Page that people can enter your giveaway.